Mid Western Region National Events
Important Australian or Globally Famous events that occur around Mid Western Region New South Wales and you are invited.
Annual Events in Mid Western Region, New South Wales
The Mid Western Region in New South Wales, Australia is a great place to be if you're looking for exciting annual events and festivals to attend all year round. From sports competitions to arts and cultural festivals, and everything in between, there is something for everyone in this region. We have put together a list of some of the nation or globally recognised annual events that you can enjoy in and around the Mid Western Region.
1. Orange F.O.O.D Week - This is one of the largest food and wine festivals in Australia, taking place annually in Orange, a city in the Mid Western Region. The festival offers visitors a chance to discover the region's remarkable food and wine, as well as unique events like culinary demonstrations, farm tours, winery events, and more.
2. Parkes Elvis Festival - Every year in January, Parkes in the Mid Western Region comes alive with the sounds of Elvis during the Parkes Elvis Festival. The festival celebrates the life of the "King of Rock and Roll" and has become famous worldwide. The five-day festival features Elvis tribute artists, rock and roll events, a street parade, and more.
3. Trundle ABBA Festival - Trundle is a small town in NSW, and every year in May, it hosts the Trundle ABBA Festival, a tribute event celebrating the music and style of the Swedish pop group ABBA. This event draws a large crowd from all over Australia and beyond and features live performances, an ABBA look-a-like competition, karaoke, and more.
4. Bathurst 1000 Motor Race - The Bathurst 1000 is Australia's most prestigious motor race and one of the nation's biggest sporting events. It takes place in October each year at the Mount Panorama Circuit in Bathurst. Visitors gather to watch as drivers from across Australia and beyond, battle it out on the track.
5. Cowra Festival of International Understanding- The Cowra Festival of International Understanding is an annual event held in Cowra during the month of September. The festival aims to bring together people from different cultures and celebrate diversity. Events include multicultural food fairs, traditional dance and music performances, competitions, and more.
6. Canowindra Balloon Challenge - The Canowindra Balloon Challenge is a hot air balloon festival held in Canowindra, NSW, every year in April. The festival attracts hot air balloon enthusiasts from all over the world who come to see the dozens of colourful balloons take to the sky. There are also food and wine events, competitions, and more.
7. Wellington Boot - The Wellington Boot is a rugby league competition that takes place over two days in March each year in Wellington. The competition features some of the best Rugby league teams from across the Central West NSW aiming for the Wellington Boot trophy.
The Mid Western Region of New South Wales has many nationally or globally recognised annual events that provide the perfect opportunity to experience the local culture, food, wine, sport, and entertainment. Make sure to mark those calendars and plan your next visit to the Mid Western Region around one of these events. We are sure you will not be disappointed.