Mid Western Region Event Calendar
MovemberWe're making change for men's health in Mid Western Region. Give us a hand.
Wed Nov 1st
Ovarian Cancer Awareness MonthEach year in Australia Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month is held in February to raise awareness of Ovarian Cancer
Thu Feb 1st 2024
Total Results = 2
You or your Marketing Manager can list a Community or Business Event here. If you would like to advertise your Mid Western Region event simply Login
Events in and around Mid Western Region
Seasonal Fun and Exciting Events in and Around Mid Western Region, New South Wales
The Mid Western Region of New South Wales, Australia, is known for its stunning natural beauty, rich cultural history, and vibrant community spirit. The area offers a wide range of exciting events throughout the year for locals and visitors alike, from festivals and markets to sporting events and art exhibitions. Here are some of the top seasonal events that you won't want to miss.
In the summer months, the Mid Western Region hosts a variety of outdoor events that take advantage of the warm weather and long days. Here are some of the top summer events in the area:
- Mudgee Wine and Food Festival: Held annually in January and February, this festival showcases the region's finest wines, gourmet foods, and local produce. The festival includes tastings, masterclasses, and live music in a beautiful outdoor setting.
- Parkes Elvis Festival: Held annually in January, this festival celebrates the life and music of Elvis Presley. The festival includes a street parade, rock 'n' roll dancing, tribute shows, and more.
- Dubbo Stampede: Held annually in August, this running festival offers a range of distances for runners of all abilities, from a 5km fun run to a full marathon. The courses take runners through the beautiful countryside around Dubbo.
As the leaves start to change color and the temperatures drop, the Mid Western Region hosts a variety of events to celebrate the autumn season. Here are some of the top autumn events in the area:
- Bathurst Heritage Trades Trail: Held annually in April, this event allows visitors to explore some of the region's historic buildings and watch traditional tradespeople at work. The event includes live music, food stalls, and guided tours.
- Parkes Show: Held annually in August, this traditional country show includes livestock exhibitions, carnival rides, showbags, and more. The show also features live performances by musicians and entertainers.
- Mudgee Small Farm Field Days: Held annually in July, this event showcases the latest in farming technology and sustainable agriculture. Visitors can attend workshops, meet local farmers, and try locally-grown produce.
Although the temperatures may be chilly, there's still plenty of fun to be had in the Mid Western Region in winter. Here are some of the top winter events in the area:
- Canowindra Balloon Challenge: Held annually in April, this event sees hot air balloons fill the sky over the picturesque town of Canowindra. The challenge includes competitions, live music, food stalls, and more.
- Winterfest Mudgee: Held annually in August, this event celebrates the winter season with a range of activities for all ages, including ice skating, snow play, and live entertainment. The event also features food and drink stalls offering warm winter treats.
- Wellington Boot Racing: Held annually in July, this quirky event sees participants racing down the main street of Wellington in giant rubber boots. The event also includes live music, food stalls, and more.
As the weather starts to warm up again, the Mid Western Region hosts a variety of events to celebrate the arrival of spring. Here are some of the top spring events in the area:
- Orange F.O.O.D Week: Held annually in April, this festival celebrates the food and wine of the Orange region. The festival includes tastings, market stalls, and food-themed events such as cooking classes and farm tours.
- Australian National Field Days: Held annually in October, this event showcases the latest agricultural technology and rural products. The event includes machinery displays, livestock exhibitions, and educational seminars.
- Kandos Street Machine and Hot Rod Show: Held annually in October, this event showcases some of the region's most unique and customized cars. The event also includes live music, food stalls, and a swap meet for car enthusiasts.
For more information about these events and others in the Mid Western Region of New South Wales, contact:
Mid Western Regional Council
PO Box 156, Mudgee NSW 2850
Phone: (02) 6378 2850