Mid Western Region Multicultural Directory
Be the first to advertise in Mid Western Region Multicultural Directory!
We are developing midwestern.nsw.guide for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Mid Western Region for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Multicultural Directory in Mid Western Region?
Mid Western Region Multicultural
Multiculturalism is an essential aspect of Australian society, and the Mid Western Region in New South Wales is no exception. The region boasts several vibrant multicultural organisations that actively promote diversity and inclusivity. This article explores some of the notable multicultural organisations in the Mid Western Region and their benefits and activities.
1. Multicultural NSW
Multicultural NSW is a state government agency that promotes and coordinates multiculturalism across the state. The agency's objective is to build a socially cohesive and harmonious society that embraces diversity, respects differences, and promotes equity and fairness. Multicultural NSW achieves this by working with communities, stakeholders, and other government agencies to:
- Foster social cohesion and intercultural understanding
- Promote settlement services for migrants and refugees
- Develop policies and programs that support diversity and inclusion
- Provide advice and support to multicultural communities
- Coordinate multicultural events and celebrations
In the Mid Western Region, Multicultural NSW works closely with local councils and community organisations to promote multiculturalism and provide settlement services to migrants and refugees. For enquiries and assistance, contact the Multicultural NSW regional office in Dubbo on (02) 6832 1661.
2. Orange Migrant Support Service
The Orange Migrant Support Service (OMSS) is a non-profit organisation that provides settlement services to newly arrived migrants and refugees in the Orange region. The organisation's mission is to support migrants and refugees to settle and integrate into the local community, thereby enhancing the region's cultural diversity and social cohesion. Some of the services offered by OMSS include:
- Information and advice on settlement issues
- English language classes
- Job readiness and employment assistance
- Social and cultural activities
- Community education and awareness-raising
OMSS also operates the Orange English Conversation Group, which provides an opportunity for migrants and refugees to improve their English language skills in a relaxed and supportive environment. For more information on OMSS and its services, contact the organisation on (02) 6362 5199.
3. Dubbo Neighbourhood Centre
The Dubbo Neighbourhood Centre is a community-based organisation that provides a range of services and programs to individuals and families across the Dubbo region. The centre's mission is to build a strong and inclusive community where everyone is valued and supported. Some of the services and activities offered by the Dubbo Neighbourhood Centre include:
- Family support and counselling
- Youth programs and services
- Aged care and disability support
- Volunteer programs
- Community development and engagement
The Dubbo Neighbourhood Centre also collaborates with multicultural organisations and community groups to promote diversity and inclusion across the region. For more information on the centre and its programs, contact (02) 6884 9500.
4. Parkes Shire Council Multicultural Committee
The Parkes Shire Council Multicultural Committee is a committee of council that oversees and promotes multiculturalism within the Parkes Shire. The committee's objectives are to:
- Develop and implement strategies to promote multiculturalism and address multicultural issues
- Foster social cohesion and understanding across diverse communities
- Assist and support newly arrived migrants and refugees to settle into the community
- Promote cultural diversity through events and celebrations
The committee also works closely with local multicultural organisations and community groups to identify issues and needs among multicultural communities and develop appropriate responses. For more information on the Parkes Shire Council Multicultural Committee, contact (02) 6861 2354.
5. Welcoming Cities Dubbo
Welcoming Cities Dubbo is a local initiative that aims to promote a culture of welcome and inclusivity for all residents of the Dubbo region. The initiative is part of a national network of Welcoming Cities that share a vision of building more welcoming, safe, and cohesive communities. Welcoming Cities Dubbo collaborates with local councils, community organisations, and individuals to:
- Promote diversity and inclusion across the region
- Raise awareness of multicultural issues and opportunities
- Advocate for policies and programs that support diversity and inclusivity
- Develop and implement local welcoming plans
Welcoming Cities Dubbo welcomes all individuals and organisations that share its vision and mission. For more information on how to get involved, contact (02) 6801 4000.
The Mid Western Region in New South Wales is home to several vibrant multicultural organisations that actively promote diversity and inclusivity across the region. These organisations offer a range of services, programs, and events that support newly arrived migrants and refugees, foster social cohesion and understanding, and promote cultural diversity. By working together with local councils, community organisations, and individuals, these organisations are contributing to the development of a more welcoming, safe, and cohesive community in the Mid Western Region.
Mid Western Region Multicultural Articles